Saturday, January 17, 2009

Delicious Pot Roast


For the last few nights, we have been eating the Chicken Tacos that I made on Monday night. So we finally finished them on Wednesday and yesterday I made a pot roast in our crock pot.
The recipe I used is from allrecipes.com. It is super easy to make, and the prep just depends on what veggies you decide to add.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
  2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

The changes I made to this recipe was to replace the water with beef broth and I also used 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. And to add lots of fresh veggies. I threw in potatoes, baby carrots, green beans, celery and onion. If you like your gravy a bit thicker, add 2 Tbsp of corn starch before serving it.

Now, the last time I made this, I slow cooked it all day on low for about 8 hours or so. But yesterday, I got a late start and cooked it on high for 4 hours. Eric and I really like this dinner, but it always tastes better the next day when the flavors have really come out. I season it with a bit of salt and pepper and serve over white rice. Hope you enjoy it!

Tomorrow, Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment