Chicken Tacos, yum!
Tonight my in laws came down for dinner and I made Chicken Tacos in the crock pot. They were awesome! This recipe was given to me by my friend ABMcKinney from the Nest. This recipe is so easy, you will be amazed how effortless and delicious it is.
I put about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast in my crock pot followed by one packet of taco seasoning and a jar of salsa- I use enough to cover the chicken. If you want spicy meat, use a medium or hot salsa, it really makes this meal. I cooked the meat for 6 hours on low and when it was done, the chicken shredded itself upon stirring. I served the tacos with traditional refried beans and all the fixings. It was a hit and we'll have plenty to eat for the next few days.
The recipe for the Apple Enchiladas is from allrecipes.com and will make 6 servings.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon fruit evenly onto all tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 6 large tortillas; may be cut in half to serve 12.
My modifications for this recipe are as follows, use small tortillas, not the burrito size ones. And bake on 375 degrees for 40 minutes to make the tortillas crunchier. These are so yummy served with vanilla ice cream and if you let the enchiladas sit for 5 minutes or so, the sauce thickens.
Hope you enjoy tonight's dinner and dessert! Here are a few new pictures of Josie.