Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Whats in my crock pot now??? Chicken Tortilla Soup! Which is totally one of my favorites! It is so so so cold here, so I thought I would try out a soup for today, and make the Alfredo tomorrow. Now I have never made a soup before, but I can't imagine making one any other way than slow cooking it. Here's the recipe I used (found on kickinitinthekitch's blog):

Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breasts frozen
1 10 oz package frozen corn
1 10 oz package frozen chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
24 oz chicken broth (I used two 14.5 oz cans)
10 oz tomato sauce
10 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
sprinkle of dried cilantro
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken before serving.

Soups cooking, I'll let you know how it turns out in 6-8 hours, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment