Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Whats in my crock pot now??? Chicken Tortilla Soup! Which is totally one of my favorites! It is so so so cold here, so I thought I would try out a soup for today, and make the Alfredo tomorrow. Now I have never made a soup before, but I can't imagine making one any other way than slow cooking it. Here's the recipe I used (found on kickinitinthekitch's blog):

Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breasts frozen
1 10 oz package frozen corn
1 10 oz package frozen chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
24 oz chicken broth (I used two 14.5 oz cans)
10 oz tomato sauce
10 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
sprinkle of dried cilantro
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken before serving.

Soups cooking, I'll let you know how it turns out in 6-8 hours, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete